Sunday, July 12, 2015

Highlights of Morocco: the artistry

Everywhere I went in this astonishing country, 
there was amazing natural beauty.

In this post I have included photos of some of the incredible man-made
craftsmanship and artistry. 

Buildings, gates, arches, windows, towers:
all are hand-carved, decorated, adorned and (my favourite) tiled, often in 
beautiful shades of blue and green.
(Click to enlarge)


Minaret, with storks*




Mosque Hassan II Casablanca



Hassan II Minaret



Bathing Room
















Spot the photographer















Hand-worked Copper









* I became quite obsessed with storks. We don't have them in this part of the world.
Here's another stork picture:


8 comments:

  1. It is awe-inspiring isn't it? So very beautiful, and almost always built by hand using very simple tools. Can you imagine our current buildings lasting as long? And almost without exception they don't have the charm either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These places/things would not be made now. The number of individual worker hours involved is just mind-boggling.

      Delete
  2. Incredible place, your photos are superb and it's nearly like being there too. The first photo I was thinking what a cool place for eagles to nest, and then with the last photo I see they're storks and wonder if that's what's also in the first photo? Great shot into the mirror that almost fooled me. Very playful, and what a beautiful scene it shows! Still hoping for more, it's like a free mini vacation for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Karen - lots of storks. I took so many photos of them; they totally enthral me.

      Delete
  3. What lovely pics! I like your storks, too.

    Would you want to put this up for Nature Notes or Wild Bird Wednesday or one of the other picture sites?
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storks rule! I don't think I can get enough shots to post consistently on those sites, thunder. But thanks for suggesting it.

      Delete
  4. Hey your'e back - finally. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!