Thursday, March 9, 2017

Taking a Walk

Thematic Photographic 403

This post is a bit late, but I've been waiting through
three days of heavy rain for a chance to "take" a walk
 - or as we say in this part of the world, to go for a walk.

If I wait any longer I'll miss out on this theme 
completely, so here are some walking photos, 
mostly of family, from my archives. 

For other posts on this theme, go to Carmi's blog here.


First, one of my favourite shots of our son, taken in Bolivia. 
Sadly, I wasn't there to take it!





Here, he was briefly back home in New Zealand:






Our daughter and her husband, walking into their future 
after their beach wedding in Rarotonga. 

Can't believe it was 10 years ago!








Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from 
generation to generation. ~ Lois Wyse


Stepping out:





Maybe Grandad knows the way...






And of course, a walk's never a proper walk 
without Manu along!







I look my best when I'm totally free, on holiday, 
and I'm walking on the beach. ~ Rosamund Pike

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Each and every one covered in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a beautiful comment; the second part is quite correct. Thank you, EC.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful way to tell a family story by walks they have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos! Family always gives us the best stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really lovely shots, Alexia! Lovely memories of lovely walks! Years ago we went to Skye, and although it rained, we thought it was wonderful! Must be nearly 50 years ago now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained while we were there, too, Gilly, but it was still beautiful. I would love to go back!

      Delete
  5. Your post is kind of sad, the relentless march of time, generation to generation, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean, Strayer - last week my grandaughter, the little girl in pics 4 and 5, turned 8! She's lovely, but getting so much older so quickly.

      Delete

It's great when you leave a note!